Mallinckrodt Community Charitable Giving Program
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals’ Charitable Giving Program provides funding to organizations for projects or programs that fit our strategic areas of giving:
Health and Wellness
We support programs that increase access to quality, affordable healthcare; directly benefit people suffering from a specific disease for which treatment options are not readily available; and provide training, education, and tools to address specific health needs in the community.
We support STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) initiatives in K-12 schools, community colleges, universities and other nonprofit educational organizations, including programs working to create a diverse pipeline of science professionals.
We support organizations dedicated to innovative research and development projects that stimulate job creation and economic growth within the geographic regions where we operate.
Grant Application Requirements
All applicants are required to complete an online application form. The application requires organizations to provide the following information:
- A brief description of the organization, including its legal name; purpose; and proof of tax-exempt, charitable status
- Financial information
- A list of board members
- Amount requested
- Purpose of funding
- Description of the methods used to measure outcomes
- Name of any Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals employee who serves on the organization's board or in any advisory capacity
Types of Grant Requests Excluded From Funding
As a policy, Mallinckrodt does not provide funding for the following:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation
- Capital campaigns, though those to build clinics or healthcare facilities in underserved communities will be considered
- Partisan political organizations, committees or candidates for public office, or public office holders
- Religious organizations, unless the gift is designated to a program that is secular in nature and benefits a broad range of the community (i.e., soup kitchens and homeless shelters); program must be managed through a separate, nonprofit entity with formal mission and separate budget and staff
- Labor unions
- Organizations whose prime purpose is to influence legislation
- For-profit publications or organizations seeking advertisements for promotional support
- Private or family foundations that would use our funding to provide grants to others
- Individuals and/or families
- Requests for multiyear support
With rare exceptions, Mallinckrodt does not sponsor fundraising or gala dinners, golf tournaments or other similar events.
OUR KEY COMMUNITIES
Contact your local community liaison
Mallinckrodt accepts applications for grants to support program expenses for nonprofit organizations located within our key communities listed below.
- Bedminster, NJ
- Greenville, IL
- Hobart, NY
- Raleigh, NC
- St. Louis, MO
GRANT CYCLE SCHEDULE
Grants will be made annually (with few exceptions) in accordance with the schedule listed below.
- September 1: Grant cycle opens
- December 31: Grant cycle closes
- Winter 2019: Grant announcements